I considered posting a ‘true of false, you decide,’ post, but figured I’d go with an all true, maybe random things instead.
1) I rarely work in silence. I need some kind of background noise. It may fly in the face of convention, but I seem to concentrate better when I have to tune out the background. Go figure.
2) I read cookbooks like novels. I always have. I found a paperback copy of a Betty Crocker Complete Cookbook as a kid and devoured it. I was blown away by the Entertaining chapter. Formal dinner party for 12? Banquet setup? Sweet! I was utterly heartbroken when the book fell apart.
3) I like hot tea more than coffee. In fact, I’d rather skip coffee in general except for an occasional mocha or cup of decaf after dinner. Coffee’s acidity hurts.
4) i love anime. I know some people think they’re cartoons and all that, but oh man! Animators can do things that filmmakers can’t. The daughter and I watch together at least weekly.
5) I have eclectic musical taste. My current playlist includes anime opening or ending themes, The National, Dave Matthews Band, A Taste of Honey, Peter Gabriel, and Matt Nathanson (see you on the 22nd!). And that’s just for the moment. There’s no telling where it’ll go from here.
So, I shared. Will you?